Springfield, MO – Missouri residents are invited to attend one of many open community forums on Medicaid expansion hosted throughout Southwest Missouri this July and August.
The forums will be lead by local expert Paul Taylor, CEO and chief legal counsel of Springfield-based Ozarks Community Hospital. Each forum will provide community members with an overview of what’s currently going on with Medicaid expansion and give real answers as to how the actions of the state legislature will directly impact Missouri employers, the local economy and individuals.
“We wanted to offer a series of open forums to help Missouri residents truly understand what’s going on with Medicaid expansion,” says Paul. “Whether it passes or not, the decisions made this fall will affect everyone from employers to individuals with private insurance. Our goal is to provide local communities with clear, accessible information so they understand how it affects them and what they can do about it.”
Paul Taylor has been featured as a guest columnist in Kaiser Health News, a nonprofit news organization featuring coverage of health care policy and politics. He was also featured in Becker’s Hospital Review and Modern Healthcare, publications covering healthcare business and policy news, advocating healthcare reform.
The kick-off community forum will take place Tuesday, July 2 in Mt.Vernon. Following community forums will also take place on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, July 2 @ 6pm – Mt. Vernon (OCH Lawrence County Clinic – 108 S. Main)
- Tuesday, July 9 @ 5:30pm – Rogersville (Webster County Library – 104 N. Beatie St)
- Thursday, July 18 @ 6pm – Bolivar (Polk County Library – 1690 W. Broadway)
- Tuesday, July 23 @ 6pm – Marshfield (Empire Bank Meeting Room – 1197 Spur Drive)
- Tuesday, July 30 @ 6pm – Nixa (OCH Christian County Clinic – 105 S. Ridgecrest)
- Monday, August 12 @ 6pm – Noel (Noel Housing Authority – 624 Johnson Dr)
- Monday, August 19 @ 6pm – Springfield (OCH North Conference Room – 2828 N. National)
- Thursday, August 29 @ 6pm – Webb City (Webb City Library – 101 S. Liberty Ave)
Contact Caitlin Whitworth for additional details (417) 439-1049 or email [email protected].
Ozarks Community Hospital (OCH) has facilities throughout Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas. In 2012, OCH touched more than 50% of the total Medicaid covered lives in the area. OCH focuses on the delivery of primary care to Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured patients in the communities served, providing discounts of 40% or more to the uninsured. OCH has never sued a patient to collect a bill and pays all local, state and federal taxes. For more information, visit www.OCHonline.com.